Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Unforgettable

Calling this morning to get the cleaning service scheduled after way too long, I ended up leaving a message and waiting for a call back.

A few minutes later, said call back arrived.

"Hi, Ms. Tracie.  This is Jane* with the cleaners."

"Hi.  Thanks for calling me back so quickly."

"Your message said you have a coupon to use?"

"Oh, no.  I meant to relay that the first time I used your service I had an internet coupon.  But now, I just want to schedule a regular cleaning appointment."

"Certainly."  I could hear Jane flipping through the appointment book.  "Would you happen to remember the day or around the date that we came to clean your house initially?"

"I sure do.  I don't remember the actual date offhand but it was the day the fire literally blew up that neighborhood here". (We live in Colorado Springs, now home to an infamous fire that broke out in town a couple months back.)

"Oh, I know exactly what day you're talking about.  I will never forget it."

"I know, right?  So, the lady that cleaned my house before said it was a 2-3 hour job, correct?"

"Um...let me look that up.  So, you said you don't remember about what day that was?"

Uhhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment