Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blind Admiration

Saw a picture of Andrea Bocelli recently that reminded me of a conversation that happened a few years back:

I was super excited about the tickets I had just purchased to the see the then rising star, Andrea Bocelli.  This classically trained, yet modern tenor born of Italy with the amazing voice that seemed to eradicate his lack of sight, would be venturing to my neck of the woods and allowing my crush-filled senses to take in the glorious experience.

Speaking with a co-worker on the event, who knew of him as well, I excitedly recanted that I'd managed to land third row seating for my mom, aunt and daughter to join me (we were all huge fans).

"Wow, that's fabulous."  She responded in all sincerity.

"I know!"  I gushed.  "I just wish there was a way for me to tell him that I'm his future wife."

"You're in the third row, right?"

"Yep."

She smiled brightly.  "Well, just make a sign and hold it up when he comes out."

I was speechless for a moment.  "And do what?  Rush the stage and hit him with it?  He's blind."

No comments:

Post a Comment