Thursday, August 2, 2012

Trash Teachin'

On my way home, passing through a green light, I noticed an SUV pulling in to the turn lane on my right to merge in to traffic.  It was obvious that her light had been red as mine was green and still, as I came up on her left side, she attempted to pull in to the lane space I was currently occupying.  I did not move; just drove past her, taking note of her quick swerve back in to her own lane.

Several lights farther up the road and I happened to look over to my left while rolling to a stop.  Lo and behold the same army green SUV had pulled up alongside me, the passenger windows rolled down.  Two children accompanied the driver, the oldest in the front seat and the youngest - a boy of about 9 or 10 years old - sat in the back flipping me the bird, a huge grin on his face.  His mom, proudly grinning at me from the front seat.

I just shook my head at them, thinking: Nice, lady - you've managed to train your kids how to never earn respect in their lives.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment