Friday, August 3, 2012

iFail

Excitedly arriving at the Apple store to pick up my much-anticipated MacBook Pro, I practically bounced with energy over at the Set Up bar.  The place was packed - a children's camp going on at a table behind me and along with all the other patrons milling about, another Set Up bar directly at my back.  A quick speaking, tall young man introduced himself but was immediately absconded by a member of the blue-hair squad brandishing an iPhone.

I turned back to my own computer still sitting in the box; however, because of their close proximity, I couldn't help but catch snippets of their conversation.

"I need some help with this new phone."  Her shaky voice informed the Genius.

"Certainly.  What can I help you with?"

Their conversation was interrupted by the ringing of her phone.  "Hello?"  She answered.  A pause.  "Hello?"  A bit longer of a pause.  "Hello?"

"Ma'am, you have to turn the phone around."  The Genius offered, pulling the phone away from her ear just long enough to flip it around so that the face of the iPhone now pointed towards her.  "You may want to consider returning to your mobile provider and asking for a different phone."

Under the circumstances, I couldn't help but agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment